Duration of EVS: 12 months
Expected departure: preferably in April 2017 (it depends on individual agreement)
We are looking for a young person at the age between 18-30 who is interested in topics such as human rights, protection of minority rights, environmental protection, independent journalism and the work of NGOs.
Who we are?
Profile of host organization
Independent Social Ecological Movement NESEHNUTI http://nesehnuti.cz/about-us/
contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do?
- Development of democratical society
- Defense of humant rights, including minority rights
- Encouraging public participation in political decision-making
- Support of gender equality (fighting gender discrimination in the workplace, violence against women, the beauty myth)
- Support of civil initiatives in the Czech Republic and post-Soviet space
What can you do?
Description of volunteering work
- Cooperation on our activities.
- Participation in arrangements of public events, discussions, lectures, workshops, film screening etc.
- Participation in an implementation of civic campaigns (in the Czech Republic as well as abroad)
- Working with (mass)media, writing articles, taking pictures and videos
- To participate on fundraising
- Administrative support in the office
- The volunteer is supposed to develop and implement his or her own project. The project should focused on any topics related with activities of NGO NESEHNUTI described above. It should be beneficial for both NESEHNUTI and the volunteer.
The project can include:
- Human rights, watchdog or advocacy activities
- Research activities (both quality and quantity)
- Activities aim at development of tolerant and democratical civil society
- Art projects and aspects (photography, videos…etc.)
The outcomes of your project should be presented in the Czech Republic as well as in your country (public debate, film screening, publication of articles, opinion discussions, exhibition etc.)
The city of volunteering is Brno.
Who we are looking for?
Ideal profile of the volunteer
- Enthusiastic and open-minded person who is not afraid of learning new things and sharing experience
- Responsibility and flexibility
- Experience with defending human rights, community activities, arranging public events or at least real interest in these activities
- Skills like taking pictures of videos, writing articles in media
- Communicative level of English language
What we offer?
- Covering travel costs, arrangement of an accommodation in the Czech Republic (single or shared room)
- ourse of Czech language
- Health insurance
- Financial contribution 250 EUR/month
If you are interested in EVS, send us your CV, letter of motivation and a draft of your project which you would like to implement in the Czech Republic. Also, send us your contact information (e-mail, FB profile or Skype). Deadline is 20 February 2017. Contact e-mails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.